(Photo : Damien Burke)
A "warbird" Canberra! As a B.2, it flew in action, with the RNZAF, in Malaya during the Confrontation troubles period.
Built as a B.2 in 1952, WH646 first saw service with 50 Sqd at RAF Binbrook. It was transferred to 10 Sqd (RAF Scampton) and then to 45 Sqd at RAF Conningsby.
As a B.2 it was loaned to 75 Sqd Royal New Zealand Air Force and saw action while serving with the RNZAF in Malaya. (WH740 was another of the Canberras loaned to the RNZAF.)
On its return it served again with 45 Sqd until it was converted to a T.17 and delivered to 360 Sqd at RAF Watton in 1967. WH646 was further converted to T.17A configuration in which guise it ended its days with the RAF's 360 ECM Sqd.
The nose section forward of the pressure bulkhead is now all the remains of this Canberra. The upper photo shows it on display at the Midland Air Museum, Coventry.
The lower photo shows WH646 when it was still flying with 360 Sqd after their move to RAF Wyton.